I love what Jesus said to the religious scholars of His day when He was asked which is the greatest of all the commandments. Jesus answered them by saying “‘Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.’ And here is the second: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ There is no other commandment that ranks with these.” (Mark 12:29-31 The Message version). We want to align our value system with Christ’s, and if this is His greatest command then that is what we want to line up with. Loving God with all that we are, and loving people in all that we do.
At Jesus Pursuit Church, our focus is clear. We are all about Jesus Christ and His kingdom come, in and through us. We are a company of people who are passionately pursuing Jesus with all that we are. Instead of creating programs to meet needs, we are intentional about creating a culture that points people to encountering God, being transformed, and advancing His kingdom in the context of relationship and community with one another.
Our culture is characterized by worship, the presence of God, community and family, prayer, generosity, the prophetic, signs and wonders, and honor. We are passionate about making an impact in the city of Albany, as well as the surrounding region and the even the whole world with the good news and demonstration of the kingdom of heaven.
We want every single person who comes to Jesus Pursuit Church to experience the love of God and to know that they are welcome here. We’d love to get to know you more and help you get connected and involved.
“Our culture is characterized by worship, the presence of God, community and family, prayer, generosity, the prophetic, signs and wonders, and honor.”
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired Word of God; the standard of truth, morality, and justice; the final source in all matters relating to faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Matthew 24:35)
- We believe that the One True God is eternally manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1 John 1:1-3, John 15:26, Matthew 28:19, John 16:7-15)
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 1:18-25, Luke 1:27-35)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but through transgression, fell and died spiritually; and that God sent His Son Jesus Christ to suffer and die as the perfect sacrifice, that we might obtain through Him redemption and forgiveness of sin. (Genesis 2:16-17, 3:6-7, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, 1 Peter 2:21-25)
- We believe that salvation is only obtained through repentance toward God and faith in the substitutionary atonement of the blood of Jesus Christ. There is nothing the sinner can do to save himself. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 3:10-24, John 14:6)
- We believe in water baptism by immersion, as commanded in the Scriptures for all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:4, Matthew 3:13-17)
- We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as a separate and distinct baptism available to all believers. (Acts 2:4, 8:15-17, 10:44-48, 19:1-6)
- We believe in the Church as the manifestation of God to a lost and dying world, an overcoming church revealing the wisdom and power of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 3:9-11, Philippians 2:15-16, Matthew 16:18-19)
- We believe in the five-fold ministry of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers as the tools for maturing the people of God. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- We believe in the ministry of spiritual worship and praise to the Lord, in a manner prescribed in the scriptures. (Colossians 3:16-17, Ephesians 5:17-20, Psalm 149, 150)
Mission and Values
Jesus Pursuit Church is a local community of faith as well as a regional resource center dedicated to equipping the saints for the ministry of Jesus Christ. We exist to glorify Jesus and take His message and works of the kingdom of God to Albany, surrounding cities, the Northwest and the nations.
We are a community of faith that values Christ-likeness in committed, loving relationships that don’t give up on one another. We endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit as we humbly extend ourselves to the poor, broken, and bound that need Christ regardless of their culture, race or background.
We value freedom and creativity endeavoring to help each other fulfill our destiny in Christ, while trusting God to grow us up into Him as we respect family and personal responsibility in our relationships with each other.
We long to know Jesus in friendship, power, and truth as we give priority to worship, prayer and His word, waiting upon Him to know His presence and to hear and obey His voice.
We long for more than a visitation of the Holy Spirit. We long to become a place of habitation where He can come and remain in our midst.